Membership of North London Outdoor Group
Anyone can try some of our events free of charge (apart from any transport or accommodation costs). Then after you have attended your first event, you have three months when you can attend any of our day walks, weekends away and Tuesday evening social meetings free of charge (apart from any transport cost or accommodation cost).
After that, if you wish to take part in further walks or other Group activities, you need to apply for annual membership. If you apply, then you can continue to come on walks and weekends away and attend Tuesday evening socials while your membership application is pending.
Annual membership is £36. If you join part way through the Group’s year, you pay £3 for each complete month up to 31st October. Membership costs are halved for members under 18 or other concessions (see membership application form for details). If you wish to continue attending activities then the annual membership fee is payable from 1st November each year.
If your membership lapses for one or more years (1st November to 31st October) you need to re-apply for membership by completing a Membership Application Form. The membership fee would be due from the 1st of the month following your attendance on an activity, with no free trial period.
Advantages of annual membership:
- Our group is affiliated to YHA (England & Wales) Ltd. Where accommodation is operated by YHA (England and Wales), our members on Group weekends can stay at YHA members’ prices without the need for individual membership of YHA (or another HI/IYHF association). We can normally get a further 15% discount on YHA accommodation or sometimes we can get B&B for little more than the normal price of bed only. These discounts or benefits are typically worth about £5 per night compared to the cost of booking yourself in at the YHA non-members’ price. This means that if you go on three Group weekends in a year (e.g. two 2-day weekends and one 3-day bank holiday weekend) these savings could cover nearly all the cost of your annual membership of North London Outdoor Group.
- Annual members alse receive a YHA Affiliated Group individual discount code. This gives you a discount (currently 15%) on your own personal bookings at accommodation operated by YHA (England and Wales) and also a discount when purchasing individual annual membership of YHA England and Wales.
- A Group email list where members can send an email to all other members about walks, weekends away or other events that they are organising such as cinema visits or meals out.
- An 8 - 12 page monthly newsletter called footprint Printed copies are available at our Tuesday evening meetings and it is also available online (see below).
You can download a membership application form here
- To check that you are a real person and not a machine trying to collect our Group’s contact email address, we have put our Membership Application Form in a PDF file that you can download using the link below.
- To open the PDF file, you will need to enter a password.
- The pasword is the name of our monthly newsletter, all in lower case, with no capital letters. You can find this information on this page above.
- When you have found the password, Click here to download the Membership Application Form
- This is a fillable PDF form where you can type your details in. Before you can do this, you will probably need to download and save the PDF on your computer or phone, then fill it and attach it to an email. The email address is given on the Application Form. Alternatively, you can print it, fill it in and bring it to one of our events or post it to us.